The YOOM™ Salad 2.0
Tomato Cake, prosciutto and herb cheese:
- 300 g flour
- 140 g butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 150 g prosciutto
- 4 YOOM® tomatoes
- 300 g fresh cheese spread
- 300 g ricotta
- 30 g lamb's lettuce
Snacks and Appetizers
For the tomato gel:
- Place the YOOM™ tomatoes in the juicer and remove the foam.
- Crush the basil leaves and add them to the tomato juice along with the garlic.
- Add about 1 tsp white wine vinegar to the juice and add 1 pinch of salt.
- Stir and cover with plastic wrap. Leave in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, pass the juice through a fine sieve and bring to a gentle boil.
- Add the agar to the mixture (1 g per 100 ml) and let it boil for a few minutes.
- Pour out onto a plate and allow to cool and set in the refrigerator (30 min is enough).
- The mixture is now gelatinous. Put them in a tall measuring cup and mix into a puree with a hand blender.
- Pass the mixture through a fine sieve and put in a squeeze bottle.
For the tomato salad:
- Bring a cooking pot of water to the boil and prepare a bowl of ice-cold water.
- Cut the bottom of the tomatoes very carefully and crosswise as superficially as possible.
- Cook the tomatoes until the skin starts to loosen a little.
- Remove the tomatoes from the pan and place in the ice-cold water.
- Carefully remove the skin from the tomatoes (from the crosses) and set aside.
- Mix 2 tbsp goat cheese with a pinch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil until completely smooth, then place in a piping bag and set aside. I used the entire package and spread it into my spiral silicone molds and put it in the freezer.
- Pour a dash of balsamic vinegar into a small bowl and set aside.
- The last step for making up: put the tomatoes on their side and very carefully cut off the cap (not the side of the crown).
- Place a large dollop of goat cheese in the center of the plate or do as I did: push the spiral out of the mold and place it in the center of the plate. Let thaw.
- Place 5 tomatoes per plate against it.
- Put small dots of goat cheese on the side between the tomatoes.
- Do the same with the tomato gel.
- Use the pipette to very carefully fill the tomatoes with balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle a few grains of salt over the tomatoes.
- Insert the young basil leaves between the tomatoes.
- Drizzle with a (very) little bit of extra virgin olive oil.
Keep enjoying more recipes with YOOM™ Tomato!